What is PhpMyAdmin?
phpMyAdmin provides a graphical user interface to do all of these tasks. phpMyAdmin is an open source tool used for the administration of MySQL it to perform administration tasks such as creating, editing, or deleting databases, and managing users and permissions.
- Update first to ensure all packages is up to date
- sudo apt-get -y update
- After the update :
- apt-get -y install phpmyadmin
- select apache2 by using the space bar, then hit enter to continue.
- “configure the database for phpmyadmin with dbconfig-common?”, select Yes, then hit enter to continue.
- Hit Enter : you will the username and password from your SQL Set-up
- service apache2 restart
To verify if your installation is successful
- open your Browser
- type : the_IP_of_your_server/phpmyadmin
- Hit enter