Moodle is a cost saving solutions both corporate and educational institution. Moodle is a free, online Learning Management system enabling educators to create their own private website filled with dynamic courses that extend learning, any time, anywhere.
In this tutorial you will learn how to install moodle in your personal computer and explore each functionality.
Installation Requirements :
- Make sure you have wamp server or xampp server installed in your computer
- Download zip fileof moodle latest version at https://download.moodle.org/
- Unzip the moodle file in www or root folder (you can cuztomize the folder as you want
- Run you wamp server and make sure it is in green status
- Prepare the database name in PHPmyAdmin or database new table
- Type : localhost/moodle or in my case locahot:8080/moodle
- Choose your preferred language (English is used in this example) and click the “Next” button
- Click the “Next” button to continue
- Repeat Step 3
- Input Database name & password, When the fields have been populated, click the “Next” button to continue.
- Example : dbname : moodle
- Example : username : root
- Example : password :
- Check server environment screen and Click the “Next” button to continue
- Click the “Yes” button to continue
- Wait until installation done
- Input all the requirements
- Make sure you take note the username & password
- Click on “Save” to continue
Front Page Settings
- Input the Full site name
- Input short name for the navigation bar or breadcrumb
- Input the site description.
- Click on “Save changes” button to go to Moodle sites home page